27 January 2012

Day 27 More on Verse 19


He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. Verse 19
Today, the Lord reminded me that I am not helpless or hopeless.  Nope. 

Oh, yes, my flesh will cry out to Him and He will answer.  He has given me special standing before

Him as an heir to the kingdom of God.   I am his child, and therefore a co-heir with Jesus, God the Son. 

As an heir of the kingdom of God, I have also received the good inheritance of my Father.  My inner man, or spirit being, as the Bible calls it, is eternal, and will eternally enjoy God, now and forever, after I ditch this earthly flesh and bone dwelling I presently inhabit.  He will hear my cry and answer me.  He already has!

The Gospel of John spells it out for us:     “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”   “The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.” 


In the book of Genesis we read about the beginning as well: The Word, God and the Spirit which hovered over the deep were all there.  The Trinity was there in the beginning.


   However, the Word had not yet been wrapped in flesh to be manifested to us.  When the time was right, though, God spoke to a young virgin named Mary, and asked her to be the vessel to bring salvation to the world. 

 When she responded with words of faith, “Let it be done to me as you have said,” she became pregnant with the Word.  The Word was then wrapped in flesh and became known to mankind as Jesus, the Christ, the Savior of the World.


Why am I reviewing this?  The Word is Jesus.  Jesus is the Word, the Word of God.  After Jesus, the Word, purchased my righteousness with His blood, and the Father accepted that perfect offering on my behalf, and on your behalf, Jesus returned to heaven, but left us equipped to live as kingdom citizens. 


He gave us power and authority by the Holy Spirit and His written Word.  Jesus is my advocate, the mediator between me and the Father. Jesus is still and always with me as I consume his Word and stand upon it daily. 


Jesus has made the way for my righteousness.  He demonstrated what flesh can do when empowered by the Word.  “Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4 


Here is what I believe, it is what the Bible teaches, and it is truth that has transformed my life and gives me God’s perspective on this temporary existence: 

 
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12 


Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6:17 


For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.  Ephesians 6:12 


We are in a battle.  Study the Word and wield it as your sword of power. We are not hopeless or helpless or powerless.  The Word which is JESUS, the Word which is Life, the written Word which the Holy Spirit causes to burn in our hearts, and transform our minds, gives us power to defeat the Enemy.
Shut the mouth of the Enemy and renew your mind with the Word.  We have been made the righteousness of God, through our faith in Jesus.  


Speak what you know is true.  We are blessed, we are chosen, we are loved, we are equipped.  God is with us, God is for us, I am His precious child.  The Lord goes before us always. 

 
 Remember, like David, the battle is already won in the Lord; live it out in His strength.  Demonstrate what you believe in your heart, and He will be faithful to produce the results, according to His perfect plan. 


Almighty God, Precious Jesus,  I will never lose confidence in the goodness of my LORD. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment