21 January 2012

Day 20 - Verse 16 The Open Hand of God

You open your hand, and satisfy the desire of every living thing. Verse 16

The open hand of God paints a beautiful

picture of grace and blessing.  He is the Author of Life, the Creator and the Sustainer of life.  His favor or pleasure is all over us!

There is a sweet song by Keith Green, from the 1970s when the Jesus movement sparked quite a revival of sorts in America.   I remember my sister, Diane and I, softly singing it at the bedside of my dying sister, Julie.  It says so much.   In fact, it says it all.


O Lord, You’re beautiful, Your face is all I seek, For when Your eyes are on this child, Your grace abounds to me.”


Those simple words hold so much comfort, assurance and peace.  We are always on His mind, always in His heart.   Hear the words of scripture concerning His open hand towards us:


Psalm  63:3   You lovingkindness is better than life!


Jeremiah 29:11  “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you, and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and a hope.”


Psalm 139:17  How precious are your thoughts about me, O God, How vast is the sum of them!


Psalm 37:4  Delight yourself in the LORD and He will give you the desires of your heart.


Isaiah 55:12  You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace.


Malachi 4:2 But for you who revere My name, the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing in His wings.


Lamentations 3:23 Great is His faithfulness, His mercies begin afresh each morning.


1 John 3:1  How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,  that we should be called the children of God.


Psalm 41:12  As for me, You uphold me in my integrity, and You set me in Your presence forever.


That ought to get your heart rejoicing!

Yes, indeed, the LORD opens His hand daily and pours out blessings and forgiveness to overflowing, reminding us that He is For Us.

  Acclaim Him today in everything.   He is in it, working all things together for good, helping us to endure and to flourish in joy.  Our God is always near.  Knowing that satisfies my soul.

Lord, God, Mighty King,  I thank you today that Your hand of grace is always open to me, even when I know I don’t deserve it.  But, because Christ removed my guilt, and paid my sin debt on the cross, I have been made new.  Today, I pray, please help me to walk in that newness of life.  I am thankful for a fresh start and a clean slate once more.   How wonderful to be in Your hand.  Amen.

Tomorrow:  Day 21  -  More on Verse  16

No comments:

Post a Comment